Devil's Peek Games
Based in Cape Town, South Africa
The Puzzleverse is a unique and stunning 2D puzzler set in an alternate dimension called the Puzzleverse. Guide Orb through a series of top down puzzles and horizontal side scrolling challenges in hopes to piece together his fragmented world.
Ever played a game when you were around 10 or 11 and the concepts of the game stuck with you throughout your life? Ever had this never ending itch, that you periodically scratch every once in a while? Well the history of O-R-B is much like my itch. I had scratched this itch slightly by starting O-R-B's predecessor back in 1988 - age 16 - using Delphi and an Open GL framework. After getting relatively far with the concept, the game drifted away only to make a return around 3 years ago (2013) - this time in 3D. Sure, building the game in 3D allowed me to add some nice dimension - not only in terms of visuals, but also in terms of the puzzles and puzzle elements themselves. However I was never really satisfied with the game as it was failing to capture the essence of my original vision. This version of the game was short lived and was put away for a rainy day. Come 2015. The itch was now no longer a small little annoyance - it dominated my thoughts - and O-R-B was born. Through this game I will finally be able to reach the goal that I had once started in 1988: Finish the game, take it to the finish line, and close this chapter.
- 155 Puzzles, located throughout the 13 constellations of the Puzzleverse
- A vast number of puzzle elements including but not limited to: Light Blocks, Light Bridges, Moving Platforms, Switches, Bullet Turrets, Time Variant Turrets, Deflectors, Teleports, Blockers, Electric Gates, Directional Blocks, Block Rotators, Island Rotators, Hunters, Guards and Scouts and Lasers to name a few!
- 12 Fragment Challenges, each increasing in difficulty. Orb must upgrade his health, his energy and his shields should he wish to reach the centre: Hunab Ku
- 6 Unique upgrades which will help you solve the puzzles: Sprint, Pulse, Harpoon, Harpoon Tether, Hop, Translocate and Time Stop.
- 6 Unique upgrades which will help you through the Fragment Challenges: Dash, Back Blast, Bash, Reactor Shield, Atomic Pulse and Time Slow
- Amazing atmospheric sound track
- Gorgeous aesthetics
August 2018 Teaser Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for The Puzzleverse. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
About Devil's Peek Games
Devil's Peek Games is a one man Indie Game Studio working on its debut title: The Puzzleverse.
More information on Devil's Peek Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
The Puzzleverse Credits